Tuesday 23 April 2013

baking and making

at last.... the time has come, when I can say - I HAVE A KITCHEN!! :D


Of course it still needs tiling and flooring, but after weeks of having no hob, and months of having no worktops, you can imagine my delight when it all got installed last week! :)

I LOVE IT!


First meal HAD to be pasta - i'd really missed cooking basic tomato sauces and boiling pasta (i know i could have probably done it all in the microwave, but to be honest i still dont trust them that much!)


Don't worry, we celebrated properly at the weekend by cooking steak, and then a roast dinner :)
Although we were a bit out of practice and ended up with soggy roast potatoes :(
Must try harder!
But to be honest, with the weather the way it is, I want a bbq!

You may notice from the cooling rack in the first photo, I am now baking my first cake in our new house!

Partly to celebrate winning the bonus ball lottery at work (i've been promising to bake for the girls at work since i moved), partly because i keep finding black bananas in the reduced aisle,
and mostly because I LOVE CAKE!

This is the recipe I'm trying - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/black_banana_cake_52982

Yum Yum Yum xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment